Registration of a residence permit
If you would like to live in Turkey for more than 3 months, you need to apply for a Residence Permit (Ikamet). At the first filing, you will be approved a residence permit for a period of 6 months, further extension is already for a period of one year.
On the day of the rendezvous appointment, you must have with you: a passport translation, a notarized long-term lease contract (kiraliksözleşme) or a document of ownership (Tapu), a tax receipt, an insurance policy (sağlıksigorta) and apostilled marriage certificates, birth certificates, death certificates, if any.
What kind of ikamet in Turkey can a foreigner get in 2022?
New amendments to the Immigration Law No. 6458 have come into force in Turkey, as well as new restrictions on the areas for issuing a residence permit and the amount of investment in real estate. According to the latest changes, in 2022:
- The minimum amount of investment in residential and commercial facilities under the Golden Visa program of Turkey is 400,000 USD.
- A residence permit can be obtained for the purchase of real estate at a price of $ 50,000 (sparsely populated areas) and from $ 75,000 (large metropolitan areas).
- Since July 1, 2022, it is impossible to obtain a residence permit for housing in 1169 districts of Turkey. These territories are listed as “closed” and densely populated by foreigners, whose number is 20% or more of the total number of residents. Closed districts of Alanya: Mahmutlar, Kestel, Avsallar and Kargicak.
To get a tourist residence permit in Alanya, such areas as the central part of the city and Cleopatra, Konakli, Oba, Tosmur are still open. As well as Gazipasa, Demirtas, Payallar and other rapidly developing areas. It is here that comfortable complexes are being actively built, and this will be a new Alanya.
Those who have previously received a residence permit in closed areas will be able to extend a residence permit in the same areas.
List of documents to be attached to the application on IKAMET:
- A lease agreement in Turkey or TAPU (ownership of real estate) signed and sealed by a notary;
- A document confirming the financial stability of the applicant and his family members (bank statement on the presence of at least $ 500 in the account at the rate of this amount for 1 month of stay);
- The original and a copy of the passport, certified by a notary;
- 4 photos for each applicant (on a white background in accordance with the established biometric data).A document confirming the financial stability of the applicant and his family members (bank statement on the presence of at least 500 US dollars in the account at the rate of this amount for 1 month of stay);
The time to receive an ikamet plastic card is 2-3 months, you will receive an SMS notification with the code and information of the sent certificate. Then after two or three days, ikamet will come by letter to the post office (PTT), where you can pick up your document.